1. ASSISTS IN DETOXIFICATION: Sauna therapy, especially far IR, is excellent for detox. Far IR sauna therapy produces a rise in the body’s core temperature, resulting in a detoxifying sweat, which releases toxins deep from the cellular level. By using an infrared sauna, you can rid your body of built-up and dangerous mold, chemicals, and heavy metals.
2. IMPROVES CIRCULATION: Mid IR sauna therapy improves circulation by impacting the muscles of the body. Individuals who frequently use saunas report a greater degree of flexibility, increased range of motion, decreased stiffness, and less joint pain.
3. HELPS REPAIR AND REGENERATE CELLS: Near IR sauna therapy promotes faster cell regeneration and tissue growth, which speeds up the skin’s healing process. By activating heat shock proteins, infrared sauna therapy also repairs cellular damage in the body.
4. LOWERS INFLAMMATION: Near IR consists of extremely short wavelengths, which lowers inflammation. The short wavelengths can improve the quality of your skin and diminish the appearance of unwanted blemishes.
5. BOOSTS IMMUNITY: Near IR sauna therapy increases blood circulation and oxygenation in blood cells, strengthening the immune system, improving cellular health, and aiding in muscle recovery.
6. AIDS IN WEIGHT LOSS: Studies show that a single far IR sauna therapy session can burn up to 600 calories. In cases of patients who must remain sedentary, such as those with conditions like respiratory illnesses, osteoarthritis, or similar, a sauna could be used as a substitute for traditional exercise.
7. IMPROVES SLEEP QUALITY: Infrared sauna therapy can also help you sleep better. Hopping into the sauna before bed can be a great evening ritual for relaxation. The quiet, warming atmosphere can help your body wind down for sleep.
8. ACTIVATES MITOCHONDRIAL ACTIVITY AND ATP PRODUCTION: While this is a newer field of study, there is evidence that says heat exposure is very healthy for your energy-producing mitochondria.
9. INCREASES BRAIN-DERIVED NEUROTROPHIC FACTOR (BDNF): The Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a protein in your brain that helps keep your brain young and healthy. Studies show that heat exposure can help boost your levels of this all-important protein in your brain!
10. TURNS OFF SYMPATHETIC DOMINANCE AND TURNS ON RELAXATION STATE: With IR sauna therapy, it is also thought that you can turn off sympathetic dominance and turn on a relaxation state. This is due to the relaxing nature of the sauna and infrared wavelengths, as well as the fact that, when you are in the sauna, you have a chance to slow down and listen to your body!